An unusual state of affairs for a writer, but there it is. After all of the shootings that have happened in the past year, I don’t even know what to say about it. Something has to change, but I don’t have a clue how to make even the smallest step in that direction. Especially since my brother is a gun person, and I have yet to find a way to have an honest conversation with him. So I’m stuck. Silent, at least for the day.
Instead of intellect, I offer a few things that made me smile today:
- James Marsters and Charisma Carpenter as married, dueling witches on Supernatural.
- Dean lip-syncing to Air Supply’s “I’m all out of love”. (Yes, also on Supernatural).
- Singing to Miri as she fell asleep, and having her interrupt to ask if ‘our skeleton that keeps us up’ is different ‘dry bones’ than ‘sculptures’, which are ‘not real. Just imagination.’ I think she’s questioning whether our physical skeleton is different than halloween skeletons – but I love the way she asked.
- Tai showing me the ‘book he wrote’ on Minecraft. One page had the lyrics to ‘twinkle twinkle’, the other to the ‘abc’ song.
- The smily face pictures Miriam made for me, with bright pink cheeks.
- The second email in two days from a friend, after both of us being out of touch for far too long.
- The sunset.